Announcing the 2014 Burnsville Winter Lighting Contest
During the 1880 holiday season, Thomas Edison brought us the first ever electric light display. Needless to say, the oohs and aahs were heard far and wide. In an effort to continue Tommy’s impressive tradition, The Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau (BCVB), in partnership with Dakota Electric Association, is proud to announce the 2014 Burnsville Winter Lighting Contest. Keeping our community looking merry and bright throughout the holiday season is the goal of this festive contest. When creating your breathtaking displays – “Make the SWITCH” and go to LED lights! Find the latest rebates and savings on LEDs at www.dakotaelectric.com.
CONTEST DATES: NOVEMBER 26 – DECEMBER 12, 2014
- November 26 – Nominations Open
- December 12 – Nominations Close
- December 18 – Judging
- January 20, 2015 – Winners Announced at the Burnsville City Council meeting (6:30pm)
- single family dwellings
- neighborhoods (20 family homes or less)
- apartment/condo complexes
- townhomes/apartments or condos
To qualify, nominees must:
- Be located within Burnsville City Limits.
- Be visible from the street.
- Match criteria for the submitted category.
Winning entries will:
- Show an impressive display
- Enhance the surrounding area
- Show creativity
Top three entries in each category will receive the following PRIZES:
- 1st Place – $100 Gift Card, donated by Dakota Electric Association
- 2nd Place – $50 Gift Card to a Burnsville restaurant
- 3rd Place – Two passes to the Minnesota Zoo
Nominations will be accepted November 26th through December 12th, 2014. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges mid December. Submissions will only be accepted if accompanied by a photo. By submitting a photo, you give the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau permission to use the photo in print and web publications and on social media. Nominees may win first place in the contest a maximum of three consecutive years.
Ready to light it up? Have questions? Please contact the Burnsville Convention & Visitors Bureau at 952.895.4690 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.